Tuesday, September 9, 2014

New Semester, New posts

The start of 2014-2015 Fall semester is officially underway. I am excited to partake in all the diverse courses I am taking this semester to better my ability to become an Elementary Educator. This blog will now be used for ENG 4081-01 (Introduction to Electronic Literature).

My first impressions of the Electronic Literature Collection were a wide range of things. Just at first glance the website is very welcoming and exciting with the different uses of colors, texts, and shapes. After clicking on some it too me a while to understand how to work them, but then eventually I got the hang of it. Some of them did not use wording at all which I found strange and some of them I enjoyed since you were about to play along and make up your own story in a way.. I particularly liked "Carving in Possibilities" by Deena Larsen. It was interesting how every time you moved the mouse around the sculpture, a different informative text came onto the screen, and finally you could see the carving of David clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment